DED - IT
FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS SEE UTA'S WORKING REMOTELY PAGE
HELP FOR WORKING REMOTELY
Please follow the steps below to enable, configure, and test accessing your work PC remotely from home.
1. You will need to be set up with remote access. Submit a desktop ticket and request DED IT enable you for remote access.
2. You need to be enrolled in Duo MFA. You can install the app on your smartphone or receive your MFA code in a text by choosing SMS.
3. Install and configure Pulse Secure on your home PC. After installed, log in using your NetID and password.
4. Take note of your work PC System Name by opening System Information from the search panel of your task bar.
5. On your home PC, use the search tool on your taskbar to search for and open Remote Desktop Connection.
6. Remote into your work PC by entering the System Name noted in step 4 along with UTA\ followed by your NetID. Afterwards, use the same password you use to log into your work PC.
7. If you need any hellp, email email@example.com or submit a desktop ticket to DED IT for additional assistance.
MS TEAMS IS A CROSS-PLATFORM, CLOUD-BASED COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION APPLICATION INCLUDED IN THE OFFICE 365 SUITE. IF NOT INSTALLED ALREADY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW TO ACCESS AND INSTALL MS TEAMS AT HOME.
ACCESS AND INSTALL
1. If installing from home, you will need to be enrolled in Duo MFA. You can install Duo on your smartphone or receive your MFA codes in a text by choosing SMS. Follow the prompts by opening the link below unless you've enrolled in Duo previously.
2. You can access Teams directly out of a browser by logging into Office.com with your UTA email and NetID password. Once logged in, select the Teams icon.
3. Afterwards, you can install Teams on your home PC by clicking on your profile avatar in the top right corner of the window and clicking Download the desktop app option. You may also choose to install the smartphone app by sending a download link to your desired email.
4. After installation is complete, log in to the application with your UTA email and NetID password if prompted.
IN MS TEAMS, THE CHAT FEATURE IS A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO COMMUNICATE PRIVATELY WITH AN INDIVIDUAL OR WITH A SPECIFIC GROUP.
You can start a chat by searching for a name, NetID, or UTA email in the Search or type a command field.
You can turn a chat into a group chat by adding new members with the Add people button.
You can share a file by clicking on the attach file button or clicking and dragging your file directly in the new message field.
Members of the chat can collaborate or download shared files by clicking/opening files directly out of the chat history or by opening the files tab and selecting the file you wish to edit/download.
IN MS TEAMS, THE CALL FEATURE IS A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO HAVE A VOICE CHAT WITH OTHER USERS.
You can start a voice chat by opening Calls, searching for a user, and then clicking the call contact button
You can have multiple members in a single call by either calling a specific group or by adding users to an already open call.
You can access the basic chat feature for a call by clicking the chat button.
You can also share a powerpoint presentation, file, or screen by clicking the share button and selecting what you would like to share.
THE CALENDAR FEATURE OFFERS YOU QUICK AND EASY ACCESS TO YOUR O365 CALENDAR AND VIEWING/SCHEDULING TEAMS MEETINGS.
To access your calendar, click the Calendar feature on the leftmost pane and choose a view.
Schedule a new Teams meeting by clicking the new meeting button, filling out the details, and then clicking Send